- This event has passed.
Women in PR Canada – Career Offroads Networking Reception – Vancouver
September 27, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$65 - $89
Join Canadian Women in Public Relations on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at the Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel for an evening of networking and a panel discussion on career offroads and onroads – navigating a women’s career in business. Enjoy expansive views of Coal Harbour, Stanley Park and the Vancouver waterfront while enjoying a glass of wine and mingling with PR industry colleagues.
5:00 p.m. – Registration & Networking
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Panel Discussion
Most professional women step off the career track at some point in their lives whether it be to raise children, care for elderly parents, or to manage other life experiences.
- What off ramps have you taken?
- How have off ramps impacted your career?
- Has it been difficult to get back on the career track?
Please take this survey to explore the off ramps taken by women in public relations roles in our area. It is based on a Harvard Business Review report titled “The Hidden Brain Drain: Off-Ramps and On-Ramps in Women’s Careers.”
- Natalie Langston, TV Host, Producer, Journalist, Emcee & Brand Ambassador; Fitness & Health Reporter, BC Living.
- Talia Beckett-Davis, President & Chairwoman, Canadian Women in Public Relations; Founder, Pink Pearl PR; Director of Communications, AdvantageBC
- Robin Cook Bondy, Communications Manager, Nature’s Path Foods
- Charmaine Hammond, Conflict Resolution, Leadership, Resilience and Team Building Expert, Hammond International Inc
- Leeann Froese, Owner, Town Hall Brands
- Ange Frymire Fleming, President, Vocal Point Communications; Professor, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
7:00 – 8:00 p.m. NetworkingBUY TICKETS
*Exhibitor Booths Now Available. Buy your space here.
We encourage you to join us at this event and consider getting involved as a member.